Bossam is an inference engine for the semantic web. It is basically a RETE-based rule engine with native supports for reasoning over OWL ontologies, SWRL ontologies, and RuleML rules.Additionally, Bossam includes saveral expressivity features including: 1) URI references as symbols, 2) 2nd-order logic syntax, 3) disjunctions in the antecedent and conjunctions in the consequent (both via Lloyd-Topor transformation), 4) URI-based java method attachment, 5) support for both negation-as-failure and classical negation.
You can use Bossam for loading, inferencing, and querying over the set of documents. The set can include any combination of the following documents.
1. RDF(S) documents (in RDF/XML or in N3)
2. OWL documents (in RDF/XML or in N3)
3. Bossam rule documents
4. SWRL(+OWL) documents (in OWLX or in RDF/XML)
Also, you can call Java objects from the antecedent or consequent of rules through the URI-based java method attachment, thus enabling you to mix Java objects into the combination of rules and ontologies.
Bossam runtime size is about 750Kb. It runs on J2ME CDC/PP platform as well as J2SE platform of JDK 1.3 or later.
Those who are interested in Bossam are referred to a paper titled “Bossam: an extended rule engine for OWL Inferencing”.
You can download test version of Bossam at http://projects.semwebcentral.org/projects/bossam/.
보쌈 추론엔진에 대한 기술 이전 관련 문의는 로 주시기 바랍니다.
1. Mailinglist: You can send any message regarding bossam on to a mailing-list at yahoo groups. Archive is available.
2. Forum: You can post comments, bug reports, or feature requests on to the Bossam Open Discussion Forum at SemWebCentral. I monitor the forum saveral times a day.
Bossam distribution includes the following software products:
1. OpenRDF RIO RDF Parser (http://www.openrdf.org/)
2. N-Sam N3 Parser (http://projects.semwebcentral.org/projects/nsam/)
3. Piccolo XML Parser (http://piccolo.sourceforge.net/)
4. ANTLR Parser Generator (http://www.antlr.org/)
5. Apache Commons Logging